American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA): Radwan has supported governance efforts for state affiliates of the AANA since 2010. From governance workshops to strategic planning to board interventions, Radwan has had a long and trusted relationship with this national organization.
Nevada Association of Nurse Anesthetists (NVANA): Since 2019, Radwan currently serves as their association manager, advising the Board as well as supporting the management needs of the organization. The end game is to create strength in advocacy and connect the membership community with the organization.
American Society of Association Executives (ASAE): Radwan was tapped for a second time to serve as Executive Editor of the Professional Practices in Association Management, 4th edition, which was released in April 2021.
Association for Strategic Planning (ASP): Efforts here are volunteer. Radwan currently serves on the Board of Directors as the elected President for a term from July 2021-23. Just prior to that position Radwan led the ASP Certification Commission through a major transformation which launched in 2021.
Capacity Canada: Radwan developed a 10 course, 49 module course of study designed to prepare young professionals to serve on boards of directors. The series, titled The Modern Board, focuses on governing from the "helicopter view". The Essentials of Governing Series includes roles and responsibilities in not-for-profit organizations, how to prepare for board meetings, how to participate in board meetings and developing your personal power at the board table. The Advanced Governance Series addresses more complex topics such as strategic planning, evaluating a CEO, searching for a CEO, creating organizational collaborations and serving as a board chair. Each module contains a video, supplemental materials and journaling. An optional quiz at the end of each course, qualifies participants to receive a digital badge that can be added to a Linked In profile.
Michigan Society of Association Executives (MSAE): Radwan is the lead figure in MSAE's CAE Exam Prep Program. She teaches the curriculum for three different course types, a 16 week version, a 12 week version and a virtual CRAM course. In support of this effort, Radwan has created several videos to support the learning of the CAE candidates including Systems Thinking & the CAE, More on Systems Thinking, and four videos on Test-Taking Tips. The virtual courses include weekly calls, practice exams, video and audial supports to keep our CAE Candidates on track to pass the exam offered twice annually. The CRAM Course, recalibrated to a virtual course during the COVID pandemic, adds 34 content videos to the mix.
Partners in Policy Governance: Radwan with partner Eric Craymer have authored Governing by Principles: A Method to Unleash the Power of Policy Governance, © 2020, available through amazon.com and capacitycanada.ca. The book focuses on assisting the reader to fully understand the foundational principles of the Policy Governance model, initially designed by John Carver.
PG Bootcamp: Partners in Policy Governance host a PG Bootcamp twice annually to teach this content in an interactive two day workshop.
Recent Board Governance Coaching Clients:
- Canadian Dental Hygienists Association (CDHA): 2018-2021
- National Dental Hygienists Certification Board (NDHCB): 2018-2021
Governance Education Clients:
- County Road Association of Michigan (Member Education)
- Home Builders Association of Michigan (Leadership Education)
- Foundations Church – Loveland, Colorado
- Marquette Food-Coop (Board Education)
- Michigan Association of Community Mental Health Boards (Leadership Education)
- Michigan Energy Options (Board Education)
- Michigan Library Association (Leadership Education)
- Michigan Potato Industry Commission (Commission Education)
- Michigan Society of Association Executives (Member Education)
- Michigan Townships Association (Board and Member Education)
- Michigan Water Environment Association
Strategic Planning Clients:
- Cookware Manufacturers Association
- Illinois Library Association
- Michigan Brewers Guild
- Michigan Council of Nurse Practitioners
- Michigan Veterinary Medical Association
- New Jersey Association of Nurse Anesthetists
Curriculum Development and Instruction
- Township Governance Academy (TGA), sponsored by the Michigan Townships Association, a multi-course certificate program geared to elected township officials with content in boardsmanship and fundamental concepts in local governance.
- New Employee Series, owned by Managing Education Resource Group (MERG), sponsored by 18 insurance agent associations around the United States, addressing property/casualty concepts and customer service.
- CAE Exam Prep Online, sponsored by the Michigan Society of Association Executives, with students from all segments of the association management field, a 16 week study course involving sample exams, online discussions, and structured study to prepare for the CAE Certification Exam.
- CAE CRAM Session, sponsored by the Michigan Society of Association Executives, a 2 ½ day intense and comprehensive review in preparation for the CAE Certification Exam, offered three-four times per year with locations in Baltimore, MD and Schaumburg, IL.
- How to Be an Extraordinary Board, a one-day event for board members, sponsored by the Michigan Society of Association Executives.
- The Modern Board, sponsored by Capacity Canada, a 10 course, 49 module series of essential and advanced education in Board governance.
- PG Bootcamp, sponsored by Partners in Policy Governance®, offered twice annually in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Reflective Human Action - computer-mediated, self-study or faculty-facilitated, web-based course, located at kon.org
New Employee Series for Property - Casualty Insurance Agencies, including:
- New Employee Orientation for Insurance Agency Personnel
- Delivering Quality Service to the Customer and the Employer
- Personal Lines Coverage Basics
- Commercial Lines Coverage Basics
All courses in the series are computer-mediated, faculty-facilitated courses, and available at www.mergonline.com.
Courses are delivered via the Managing Education Resource Group (MERG), in conjunction with marketing partners located around the country. Marketing partners include affiliates of the Professional Insurance Agents and the Independent Insurance Agents of America.
CAE Exam Preparation - owned by the Michigan Society of Association Executives
A 16 week program, reviewing the recommended readings, the nine domains of knowledge as determined by the CAE Commission, case scenarios, quizzes, sample exams, a library of supplementary reading, and an exam bank created by participating students.
The Leader in You & Marketing Your School – owned by the Michigan Institute for Educational Management. These courses are the on-line offerings of a professional development certification called SAPC-the School Administrators Professional Certification.
Board Governance: An Overview; Selecting a Board Model and Governance System; Recruitment, Election and Orientation of New Directors – owned by Credit Union Executives Society (CUES). Co-authored with Eric Craymer, these three courses are part of the Director Education Center housed on the CUES website (www.cues.org).
The Association Connection, a webcast on-demand series sponsored by the Michigan Society of Association Executives. Series includes 20 titles, 20 hosted and 19 presented by Radwan (www.msae.org).
The Modern Board Series, sponsored by Capacity Canada, hosted by Conestoga College, Ontario Canada. The total curriculum includes 10 courses and 49 modules included journaling, videos, articles to read and tools to use.
|< Our Services||Professional Portfolio >|